Saturday 13 March 2010

Right from Scratch

I have been considering giving this blog a fresh new life for a little while. It seems when I look at my favourite blogs, they give an insight into the bloggers lives, opinions and the bloggers themselves almost become Internet friends that you can look to, to cheer you up or inspire you, even if its without them even realising it. I personally find tumblr pages to be a little un-personal, however I do have a tendency to indulge in beautiful images posted, and really appreciate them as a good source of research.
So, where does this leave 'oh my'? Well I originally set up this blog to be a little different to the norm of blogs regurgitating content that has been written before. I always knew that I wouldn't be the first on the fashion news, as there are bigger blogs that already do a fantastic job of this, and to be honest trending fashion has never excited me very much. 
I started this blog to do what I love, creating imagery and what I like to call 'fashion collages' in a similar way to a magazine. I feel my approach is more unique and overall stays true to who I am and what I do. I still love this approach and will continue to create my posts through Photoshop however I think after a year it is time to mix it up a bit and give you all a bit more of me! A greater insight into who I am, my adventures in the wonderland of fashion, my loves, thoughts and passions and I would love to hear from all my readers and enjoy this journey together. So lets start...

♥ My name is Rebecca. 

♥ I am 20 and a student studying Fashion Promotion and in particular fashion styling and photography. I love it for its imagination and absurd nature. 

♥ One day I hope to work at a magazine that inspires and excites people, in the city I feel complete, New York. A city where anything can happen at any moment and most probably is somewhere near by. The city that has a bubble fight in the middle of Times Square and throws parties on the Subway. 

♥ I will one day live there with my lovely boy (My Name is Tom) and have many adventures. 

♥ For now I live on the outskirts of London, another city of beauty and eccentricity.

♥ I work at a wonderful magazine, Glass (check it out here). 

♥ I spend my time with my head stuck in magazines, scouring clothing from different eras in jumble sales, car boots and charity shops, collecting peculiar cameras and baking an assortment of healthy and (very) un-healthy goodies!

So how about you?

9 comments:

  1. well, i think your blog seems quite lovely. i have this blog where i mostly post movies that i like, sometimes books and pictures of my favourite creature; audrey hepburn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thats lovely to hear and I definetly need to check out your blog! Best x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, it's lovely to meet you! I look forward to seeing this blog grow!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi rebecca! i started blogging again and i want it to be more personable than my tumblr but more accessible than a livejournal. i'm figuring it out! i'm excited to keep up with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definetly think it is a tricky combination to get right but I'm sure we will both have fun trying! Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! can't wait to see what happens next! :D xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've done beautifully so far, I'm sure it will only get better! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so lovely to hear from everyone! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rebecca!
    I'm Jennivi a fashion graduate and like yourself I love fashion, Tim Walker & New York and hope to live there one day too!
    We seem to have similar aims for our blogs and I agree it is difficult to have that balance to keep it personable but I personally think you should just write for yourself and what your really passionate about and that will naturally intrigue others. I love your coverage on fashion, editorials, magazines and your work. So i think you should keep it up!
    x

    ReplyDelete