Tuesday 9 June 2009

McLovin'

Photobucket

I have a ticket to Graduate Fashion Week today, yet unfortunately I am unable to make it due to knee problems. A very frustrating situation, especially as I have heard about such amazing stuff from our graduates at Epsom (University Creative Arts). I wish them all the best of luck and if Courtney McWilliams graduate of 2008, they have a very bright future ahead of them.
I was first introduced to McWilliams' work through a close friend. She showed me her website which instantly inspired, and impressed me, with a tad feeling of envy. The amazing thing about Courtney McWilliams' work is her concentration upon concept and her evidently strong talent of fashion promotion. For me this is McWilliams' speciality. She technically excels graphically and through her beautiful, collaged, out-proportioned figures that not only stand to illustrate her fashion creations, but her fashion creatures.
Currently pursuing an MA in Menswear at Royal College of Art London, McWilliams already has a lot of experience under her belt. You may have already seen her work featured in Disorder magazine and Textile view magazine. It is fair to say that we will be seeing a lot of Courtney McWilliams in the future, with more wonderful inspiration for me and my friends to drool over.

No comments:

Post a Comment