Friday 16 April 2010

Lavers of time

Laver's Law - Wunderbuzz

So, it has been a while and I really do apologise. I feel very rubbish about it! I have been busy as of late with a family trip to Scotland (Sans-Internet) and this week taking to work. I have started to work at .Cent Magazine, which is a lovely place to work with home-made family style lunches and even a pooch 'Dino' to accompany me! It is all part of my work experience for university and you can read about it more here. I am also assisting Jessie Craig (whose work of course I love...as you may of read on here before) and Nicholas Lawn. Nicholas is a photographer whose work I have only recently been introduced to but I am very quickly falling head over heals for. He is also such a lovely guy, and I am very happy to have the pleasure to working with him. I will put pictures up here but I really want to make them into a whole post in order to do his work justice.
On another note, I have just found this fascinating idea/theory on Wunderbuzz, that relates to the beautiful typography above. James Laver, a historian, author and curator at the V&A created a timeline of fashion known as 'Lavers Law'. I think the basic gist of it is the association of words used to describe the fashion of a period is representative of how far in the past or future they are. Interesting idea and very lovely typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment